We love our muffins!
Asher loves his carbs, and I love that this sweet snack is full of nutritious ingredients for my very picky toddler.
These muffins are vegan, made of einkorn flour, and full of pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips. YUM.
Einkorn grain is our go-to grain because it is richer in nutrients compared to standard whole wheat and its gluten genetic makeup is completely different, making it more tolerable for people with gluten sensitivities, like myself.
These muffins also contain coconut sugar and maple syrup, making them low glycemic and a sweet treat without the spike of blood sugar.
We often make a batch of muffins every week. That way, if we are in a rush or in need of a a sweet treat I can just grab these and go!
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl + chocolate chips (chocolate optional)
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Scoop muffin mixture into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
And Asher just loves making a mess….
- 1 ½ cup einkorn flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tsp allspice
- small handful chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup chocolate chips/chunks (optional, but recommended)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- ½ lemon, juice
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl + chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Scoop muffin mixture into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.