Every Thursday we meet with a few families from our church for a community group night dinner.
I always look forward to this time where we all bring food and get to chat about life, Jesus and good food!
One of my friends in this group brings the best homemade buttermilk ranch dressing with chopped veggies every week. It’s a great appetizer or addition to the meal and her ranch dressing is soooo smooth and creamy. I finally had to ask for the recipe. With a couple adaptations to simple ingredients I usually have on hand, I started making her ranch dressing almost weekly too.
Do you love ranch dressing but find the store bought ones to contain too many fillers and preservatives? Then you will love this 7 ingredient easy & healthy dip! Even my 3 year old is a fan! We “bite the carrot heads off” after they jump in the dressing. 😉
To make buttermilk:
Mix vinegar and milk together in a bowl, set aside for 5 minutes (measurements in directions below).
Combine mayo, garlic and onion powder, salt and parsley flakes, mix.
Once combined, slowly mix in buttermilk.
Eat immediately or store in fridge for up to 3-4 weeks.
- ½ tbsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1.5 cups mayo (i like chosen foods=entire jar)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 2 heaping tsp dried parsley flakes
- Mix vinegar and milk together in a bowl, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine mayo, garlic and onion powder, salt and parsley flakes, mix.
- Once combined, slowly mix in buttermilk.
- Eat immediate or store in fridge for up to 3-4 weeks.