I made this nourish bowl for dinner tonight and I cannot believe how good it came out!
Jordan just returned from his Spartan Beast race and he had big plans to order in a couple large pizzas.
I wasn’t really in the mood for pizza…so I made this soup instead with ingredients I had on hand. Jordan took one bite and loved it.
He actually kept trying to steal it from me (his two favorite foods are pizza and soup).
I told him it’s a gut-loving nourish bowl, so he started calling it the nourishable haha…I guess that works too.
This nourish bowl is made of bone broth (recipe here) topped with spinach, kimchi, sliced avocado, and hemp hearts…and it tastes sooooo good!
Think warm, soothing, comforting, with a bit of an asian flair from the kimchi. Perfect for cooler months.
Kimchi gives this soup a tangy, slightly spicy bite that will give your gut a probiotic boost. Yay for less bloating!
Hemp hearts are rich in healthy fats and gamma-linolenic acid, which reduces symptoms of PMS! In case you were wondering.
While heating up your bone broth add in the spinach. Once soft, add broth to a bowl, top with sliced avocado, kimchi, and hemp hearts.
- 1 + cup bone broth
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 small handfuls of spinach
- 2 large spoonfulls kimchi
- In a pot, reheat your bone broth and add water.
- While your broth is heating, add spinach to soften.
- When broth and spinach are heated through, add both to a bowl, top with sliced avocado, kimchi, and hemp hearts.
- You can eat as is or add noodles, rice, or even a meat. So many options!